Monday, September 14, 2009

The traditional "First" post!

I've decided to start a separate blog dedicated to i780 ROM cooking and development. I shall slowly post info on how to cook ROMS, tools that you'd need to use, and detailed steps on how to cook your own custom ROMS for the Samsung i780. The blog will also act as a journal for my own self ;)

The i780 happens to be one of the best WinMo devices i've ever used in terms of stability (No soft resets, crashes, lock ups, nothing!!! Unlike all other HTC built devices), performance (Video performance, overall usability is unmatched) and form factor.

Thats it for now! On my next blog post, I'll write about the basics of ROM cooking.

Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for this thread, it is very interesting. I'm also has same gadget (i780), but since I'm running Windows 7 x64 at work and at home, I can not flash my phone. I tried Windows XP mode - virtual pc approach, but no success at all. So what is known about Samsung flash tools for modern OS, I mean Windows Vista or Windows 7?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to use windows vista usb drivers for the i780 to flash in windows 7. I too use windows 7, and dont use any virtual pc or anything to flash.

    1. For this, download i780 vista usb drivers....
    2. Put your i780 in Emergency Mode (hold fn+enter+power for 5 seconds when i780 is turned off and the batt has been removed and put back)
    3. Connect to usb....go to device manager and you'll find your device listed
    4. replace the drivers with the ones you downloaded and reboot

    now you'll be able to use mirage like you would in XP to flash your i780!

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried, but no luck. Windows 7 x64 - no go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you try running Mirage in compatibility mode? Set it to WinXP and give it admin privileges...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Windows 7, x64, Mirage 1.8, Samsung MITs USB Sync (Microsoft 9/1/2003 v.3.7.1.3244). When boot Windows press F8 - Turn digital signature check.
    Start Mirage, load bin file, Press Detect. Connect switched off phone. Turn phone (DO not use any "RECOVERY" modes) and flashing starts immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mean TURN OFF digital signature check....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too tried it on my windows 7 laptop with no luck.Do i need to install Windows XP or will it work with windows 7 also.I am really struck can you please help me in any way.

    ReplyDelete